Wizard Text

Monday, October 19, 2009

What I found out about the Moon and the Tides

On a New Moon we relized that the high tide was not the highest out of the 8 phases.

The highest tide out of the 8 phases was a Waxing Crescent.

The high tide was 2.24m and the low tide was 0.21m.

I thought that on a New Moon the high tide would be the highest because it is getting the water

from the earth.

Out of the 8 phases the New Moon had the lowest tide.

It was 0.2m.






Fishermen go out wen it is a high tide because that is when the most fish come out.

Most people that fish go out a on a high tide because that is the best time.

A good high tide would be 2.24m.

Not many Fishermen go out on a low tide because the fish aren't out.

I would not go out on a high tide because your boat could get stuck.

Fishermen would go out at about 12.00pm or around that time. Some people that fish might go

earlier.



That was what I learnt about Moons and Tides.

No comments:

Post a Comment