Wizard Text

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear

This is my reading respons I did about the book I as reading. Have a look and leave me a comment please to tell me if you have read it if you want to read it.





Mr Gum And The Dancing Bear

Today I read Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear by Andy Stanton. This book is a thick book so if you like to read thick book then you might want to read this one. If you like okay reads then this might be the book for you. If you like thick book and if you like okay reads try this book you might like it. In this series there are 5 books and I am reading the 5th book. When I read the blurb I saw it said that it was book 5 and I thought I should have read book 1 or 2 before I read book 5. I have written a letter to the Author.

Hello Andy, This is the first book I have read that you have written. I think you are one of my favourite Authors because you have got great pictures in your books. I really love the books you write because you have very funny names for people like Friday, Mrs lovely and Mr Gum. I think you should keep the job of writing books because you have got all the things that books should have.


From Claudia


The characters are Mrs Lovely, Old Granny, Mr Gum, Polly, Alan Taylor, Friday O’Leary, Martin Launderette, Billy William the Third and Bear. Polly is a girl and she is nice, cute and helpful because she goes and asks someone some thing for the bear. Mr Gum is Dumb, ugly and asks silly question.



I have put this art pad on my blog to show you what i think Mr Gum look like. Please ahve a look at mine so type this address in http://artpad.art.com/?kjtw83bfxmo. I hope you like it.

Thank you

1 comment:

  1. Claudia what a great reading response. Remember when you write a reading response on your blog it is different to what you would write when you read to our class because on your blog your audience is not sitting in front of you. I think your illustration of Mr Gum is great.
    Mrs R

    ReplyDelete